Colorado Water Law
Balcomb and Green is nationally ranked by US News and World Reports for Natural Resources Law and locally for their work in Water Law.
Our Colorado water law practice is an area of great pride at Balcomb & Green. The late Ken “Blue” Balcomb served as General Counsel for the Colorado River Water Conservation District from the early 1960s until 1981, and in that role he argued and won three cases before the United States Supreme Court.
Today, the firm continues in his tradition of excellence with decades of experience helping our clients secure reliable water supplies and protect valuable water rights.
A Statewide Practice
Our water lawyers are at home practicing in every major river basin in Colorado, and have extensive experience in the Colorado, Gunnison, Roaring Fork, San Miguel, South Platte, White, Yampa, Blue, Eagle, and Arkansas River Basins.
Balcomb & Green attorneys represent a diverse water-rights clientele, including ranchers, farmers, ditch companies, municipalities, industries, conservation interests, and real estate developers. A few of our clients include, without limitation:
- Colorado River Water Conservation District
- Duroux Ditch Company (Glenwood Springs, CO)
- Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge & Pool, Inc. (Glenwood Springs, CO)
- Granby Ranch / Granby Realty Holdings, LLC
- Park Ditch Company
- Ranch at Roaring Fork Homeowners’ Association (Carbondale, CO)
- Sunlight Mountain Resort (Glenwood Springs, CO)