Of Counsel, Balcomb & Green, P.C.
Real Estate & Construction | Corporate Services | Local Government
Tom is Of Counsel at Balcomb & Green whose practice focuses on commercial real estate matters including land use processes, as well as general commercial legal representation of small and mid-size businesses throughout Western Colorado. He represents clients and development projects in a variety of Western Slope areas with an emphasis in the Roaring Fork and Colorado River regions from Glenwood Springs/Garfield County to Aspen/Pitkin County and Grand Junction/Mesa County.
» Continue Reading...
Tom earned his law degree from the University of Denver College of Law in 1992 where he graduated with honors as a member of the Order of St. Ives and as the Judge James C. Starkweather Memorial Scholar. After interning with the firm of Kelly, Stansfield & O’Donnell during law school, Tom accepted an Associate position with the firm in downtown Denver, Colorado where he worked in the real estate and litigation departments for three years. In 1995 Tom and his family moved to Glenwood Springs where he started a private practice with an emphasis in the areas of real estate, land use development and general commercial law.
Tom was born in Denver, Colorado and raised in Glenwood Springs. He graduated from the University of Northern Colorado with undergraduate degree in Business. Tom and his wife, Lisa, then spent several years in San Diego and Los Angeles where he worked in public relations and publicity for the television and film industry before returning to Colorado for law school.
» Read less...
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (1992 J.D.)
- Order of St. Ives
- University of Denver Law Review (1990 – 1991)
- University of Northern Colorado (1986 B.S. Deans list 1985, 1986)
- State of Colorado (1992)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (1992)
- Partner, Balcomb & Green, P.C. (2004-present)
- Owner, Thomas J. Hartert Law Firm (1998-2004)
- Partner, Hartert, Wilson, & Hartert (1995-1997)
- Associate, Kelly, Stansfield & O’Donnell(1992-1995)