Sara M. Dunn
Partner, Balcomb & Green, P.C.
Water Law | Real Estate & Construction | Natural Resources & Environment
Sara is a partner at Balcomb & Green. She has extensive water law experience and can assist with the development and appropriation of new water rights; leasing, buying and selling of water rights; easement issues; and the management, protection and maximization of water resources.
» Continue Reading...
Sara earned her undergraduate degree from Colorado State University and her law degree from the University of Colorado Law School in 1998. She began her legal career as a law clerk for the Honorable Jonathan W. Hays in the 19th Judicial District. She also served as a part-time Water Referee in Water Division 1. Her passion for water rights developed while working with Judge Hays on complex water issues. Before joining Balcomb & Green, Sara developed a specialized water practice that includes a diverse client base throughout Colorado.
Sara is a Colorado native. She was born in Alamosa and was raised in southeastern Colorado working on her family’s wheat farm. Sara moved to the Roaring Fork Valley in 2000.
» Read less...
- University of Colorado Law School (1998 J.D.)
- Colorado State University (1995 B.S., Magna Cum Laude)
- State of Colorado (1998)
- Colorado Bar Association
- 9th Judicial District Bar Association; (President 2010)
- Colorado Cattlemen’s Association
- Garfield County Animal Welfare Foundation; Board of Directors, Secretary
- Chad J. Lee & Sara M. Dunn, Preserving Historical Consumptive Use During Water Leases for Instream Use, The Colorado Lawyer (June 2011), Vol. 40, No. 6, at 49.
- Surfing the Water on the Web, Western Water Law, Volume 6 Number 2, (2002)
- From Flav’r Sav’r to Environmental Saver Biotechnology and the Future of Agriculture, International Trade and the Environment, Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy, 145 (1998