Robert C. Gavrell
Partner, Balcomb & Green, P.C.
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Distinguished
Commercial Litigation | Injury & Malpractice
Rob is a partner at Balcomb & Green. His practice focuses exclusively on complex civil litigation matters, specializing in real estate and land use litigation, contract disputes, business litigation, personal injury claims, malpractice claims, homeowner and HOA litigation, and appeals. [show_more more=”Continue Reading…” less=”Read less…” color=”#0066cc” list=”»”]
Rob prides himself on having a flexible practice that makes him uniquely suited to the demands of a region as varied as the Roaring Fork Valley. Rob handles boundary disputes, contract disputes, shareholder disputes, construction litigation, and trust and estate litigation. He represents homeowners associations as well as individuals involved in disputes with their homeowner associations. He also deals in tort law, and he has represented vehicle and truck accident survivors and personal injury victims by filing negligence claims, medical malpractice claims, realtor malpractice claims and attorney malpractice claims.
Originally from Danville, California, Rob has lived at various times in New York, NY, and New Haven, CT. After traveling the world in 1997, Rob moved to Denver in 1998, and then to the Roaring Fork Valley in 2005. Rob joined Balcomb & Green as a partner when his former firm of Worrell, Durrett, Jaynes & Gavrell merged with the Balcomb firm in 2014. Rob has focused entirely on complex litigation matters since 2007, and served as a Vice President of the Colorado Bar Association from 2009 to 2011.
When not working for his clients, Rob enjoys skiing and snowboarding, rafting, biking, mountaineering and off-roading. He completed climbing all of Colorado’s 14ers in 2014.[/show_more]
- University of Colorado Law School (2005 J.D.)
- (Editor in Chief – Colo. J. Int’l Envtl. L. & Pol’y 2004-05)
- Yale University (1998 B.A.)
- State of Colorado Bar (2005)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado (2011)
- Partner, Worrell, Durrett, Jaynes & Gavrell, P.C. (2011-2014)
- Associate, Worrell, Durrett & Jaynes, P.C. (2007-2011)
- Associate, Caloia, Houpt & Hamilton, P.C. (2005-2007)
- Law Clerk, Colorado Municipal League (2004-2005)
- Internships: United States Attorney’s Office, Colorado Attorney General’s Office, Boulder County Attorney’s Office (2003-2004)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association (Senior Vice President, 2009-2010, Vice President, 2010-2011)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- 9th Judicial District Bar Association
- City of Glenwood Springs Transportation Commission (2018 – Present)
- Sopris Elementary PTA President (2017 -2018)
- Mountain Madrigals choir (2006-2012)
- Youth Mentor, YouthZone Pals Program (2006-2008)
- Coach, Rifle H.S. Mock Trial Team (2005-2007)
- Sos v. Roaring Fork Transportation Auth., 2017 COA 142
- Delsas ex rel. Delsas v. Centex Home Equity Co., LLC, 186 P.3d 141 (Colo. App. 2008)
- Darien v. Town of Marble, 159 P.3d 761 (Colo. App. 2006) rev’d, 181 P.3d 1148 (Colo. 2008).
- Spring Creek Ranchers Ass’n, Inc. v. McNichols, 165 P.3d 244 (Colo. 2007).