Of Counsel, Balcomb & Green, P.C.
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0
Commercial Litigation | Injury & Malpractice
David is the sole-practitioner associated with The Myler Law Firm a division of Balcomb & Green. His practice focuses on real estate, land use, and business services. In 2013, he achieved a Peer Rating of AV Preeminent, the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell, placing him among the top 15% of attorneys in the United States.[show_more more=”Continue Reading…” less=”Read less…” color=”#0066cc” list=”»”]
David moved to Snowmass Village in 1979 to become the Town’s first General Counsel. He authored the Town’s first Land Use Code and its Home Rule Charter and engineered the annexation of the Snowmass ski area. He began his private practice in the 1980s with a continuing emphasis on the land use development process and real estate transactions from Aspen to New Castle.
David has worked on many of the Roaring Fork Valley’s premier developments. He served as Special Counsel for the Cities of Aspen and Glenwood Springs on affordable housing matters, was a Board Member and Chairman of the Aspen/Pitkin County Housing Authority, and is a past Board Member and Chairman of the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority.
- University of Denver, Strum College of Law, CO (1975 J.D.)
- Northern Michigan University, MI (1970 B.A.)
- State of Colorado (1975)
- United States District Court, District of Colorado (1978)
- Owner, The Myler Law Firm, P.C. (1985-present)
- Partner, Freilich, Myler, Leitner & Carlisle, P.C. (1996- 2006)
- Partner, Myler, Stuller & Schwartz, P.C. (1983 – 1996)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Housing & Finance Authority (2009-2017)
- Aspen/Pitkin County Housing Authority (1990-1995)