Associate, Balcomb & Green, P.C.
Based in Buena Vista, Casey staffs the firm’s Arkansas River Valley practice. He primarily focuses on real estate, general business, and estate planning matters. As a former bell captain and housekeeping manager at the Hotel Jerome in Aspen, Casey also has a special interest in the hospitality and resort industry. He counsels breweries, distilleries, restaurants and franchisees as they navigate the complex issues specific to their businesses. Casey has significant experience representing established businesses in merger and acquisition transactions, and counseling entrepreneurs as they set out to make their dreams a reality.
» Continue Reading...
Prior to joining Balcomb & Green, Casey developed his practice at multi-national law firms in Kansas City, Missouri. He also has a strong interest in public service, election law and voting rights having served as an Americorps*VISTA volunteer, and as the governor-appointed chairman of the Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners.
Casey enjoys getting outside as often as possible and embarrassing his wife and three boys at local ski areas with his dated telemark gear and corduroy ski knickers.
» Read less...
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL (2010 J.D.)
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (2002 B.A.)
- State of Colorado (2018 Practice Pending Admission)
- State of Kansas (2011)
- State of Illinois (2011)
- State of Missouri (2010)
- Associate, Husch Blackwell, LLP, Kansas City, MO (2015 – 2018)
- Chairman, Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners, Kansas City, MO (2015 – 2018)
- Associate, Shook Hardy & Bacon LLP, Kansas City, MO (2012 – 2015)
- Associate, Vincent Fontg & Hansen, LLC, Kansas City, MO (2009 – 2012)
- Bell Captain and Housekeeping Manger, Hotel Jerome, Aspen, CO (2004 – 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- AmeriCorps*VISTA Service (2002-2003)
- Forming and Operating Limited Liability Companies (National Business Institute 2012)
- Missouri Brewery and Distillery Law (National Business Institute 2015)
- Citizens must enforce rules of democracy in the age of Trump (Kansas City Star 2017)
- Low election turnout rates show voters aren’t putting ‘Common Sense’ into action (Kansas City Star 2018)
- Voters can put an end to the destructive political games of Greitens and Trump (Kansas City Star 2018)