Partner, Balcomb & Green, P.C.
Commercial Litigation | Corporate Services | Injury & Malpractice | Real Estate & Construction
Ben is a partner of the firm, specializing in litigation, real estate, construction, and general business law. His practice has a primary focus on small business advisement, HOA advisement, and litigating real estate, construction and personal injury disputes. His clients range from individuals and businesses facing local legal issues to Fortune 50 corporations engaged in national class actions.
» Continue Reading...
Through his multifaceted practice, Ben has navigated clients through all types of legal dilemmas, including prosecuting and defending claims in state and federal courts across the country, including claims for breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, employee claims, statutory violations, negligence, and many others.
Before joining Balcomb & Green, Ben built a foundation for his practice working at all levels of the legal system. He spent many years with a global law firm in Kansas City, managing commercial and products liability litigation in various state and federal courts for multi-national companies. Ben also spent time in New York City working at one of the world’s top law firms where he handled mergers and acquisitions, and counseled clients on corporate governance, securities laws, and financial regulations. Ben developed in-depth trial and appellate court skills while working as a prosecuting attorney for the City of Saint Louis and clerking for the Chief Justice of the Missouri Supreme Court.
» Read less...
- MODL Trial Academy (2014)
- University of Missouri – Columbia (2008 J.D.)
- William Jewell College (2005 B.S.)
- State of Colorado (2015)
- State of Missouri (2009)
- State of New York (2008)
- U.S. District Court, State of Colorado (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri (2009)
- Associate, Shook Hardy & Bacon LLP, Kansas City, MO (2011-2015)
- Law Clerk, Missouri Supreme Court (2010-2011)
- Special Assistant Circuit Attorney, St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office (2009-2010)
- Associate, Hunton & Williams, LLP, New York, NY (2008-2009)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- River Valley Ranch HOA (Executive Board, 2018-present)
- Roaring Fork Leadership (Board of Directors, 2016 – 2018)
- 9th District Bar Association (Treasurer, 2016; Vice President, 2016; President, 2018)
- Executive Council for the Young Lawyer’s Division of the Colorado Bar Association (2016 – 2018)
- American Bar Association’s Sales Practices Subcommittee (Co-Chair, 2015)
- Colorado Bar AssociationsYoung Lawyer Division’s (Liaison, Construction Law Group, 2015)
- Member, Aspen Young Professional Association (2015)
- Member, Roaring Fork Young Professional Association (2015)
- Roaring Fork Leadership Academy (2015)
- AmeriCorps Service (2009-2010)
- Vice-Chair, Missouri Bar Association’s Tort Law Committee (2010-2011)
- Conspiracy Liability: if the Underlying Wrong Doesn’t Fit, You Must Acquit, (American Bar Association, 2015).
- Class Actions and Mass Torts Answer Book (Co-Author, Practising Law Institute, 2015)
- Consumers Must Show Manufacturer’ False Ads are “Literally False”, (Contributor, American Bar Association, 2015)
- Cotenants Trumping Cotenants- The 8th Circuit takes a diverse stance on Cotenants’ Authority Under the Fourth Amendment (Missouri Law Review, 2008)
- Local Bar Handbook Resource Handbook (Colorado Bar Association, 2018)