Associate Attorney: Real Estate & Corporate Transactional
Position posted April 26, 2021 – available until filled.
About Our Associate Attorneys
Associate attorneys at Balcomb & Green are part of an elite legal team with diverse practice areas. Associate attorneys work individually and collaboratively to meet our clients’ needs consistent with the vision and values of the firm. Balcomb & Green associates are provided the opportunity to earn a significant degree of autonomy and pursue partnership within a culture that emphasizes rewarding work and a balanced lifestyle.
Position: Real Estate & Corporate Transactional Associate
The successful candidate will demonstrate superb legal‐writing skills, initiative, collegiality, and professionalism. The candidate should have at least three years of experience as a transactional attorney, with a preferred emphasis on real estate, corporate transactions, and/or estate planning. We are seeking candidates with good personality fit, strong initiative and integrity, and commitment to maintaining a rural mountain lifestyle.
- Drafting transaction documents;
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents;
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues;
- Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions, financing, etc.;
- Legal research, drafting of pleadings, research memoranda and correspondence;
- Independent management of transactional cases;
- Strategic planning; and
- Title examination.
- Admitted in Colorado and currently practicing;
- At least three years of experience as a transactional attorney, with a preferred emphasis on real estate, corporate services, and/or estate planning;
- Thomson Reuters (Westlaw) proficiency;
- Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision, to seek supervision and feedback when appropriate, and accept direction and support;
- Commitment to continuous development and improvement of legal and professional skills;
- Exceptional verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility to work atypical hours as cases require.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary ranges from $80,000 – $90,000/year plus performance bonuses.
- Individual Health Care
- Optional Dental / Vision Plans
- Cell Phone
- Dependent & Health Expense Accounts (Cafeteria Plan)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible personal leave policy
- Reasonable billing expectations (minimum 120 hours per month)
Applications must include cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and references.
Please send application materials to email@example.com
Balcomb & Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.