Balcomb & Green has provided legal services from the Roaring Fork Valley across the State of Colorado since 1953. We provide clients throughout Colorado with specialized legal services in the areas of Water, Corporate Services, Real Estate, Construction, Commercial Litigation, Wills, Trusts & Estates, and Local Governmental Law.
Position Summary – Paralegal
Paralegals have the distinct responsibility of supporting attorneys in all elements of legal services. Paralegals are required to perform billable tasks for clients in support of work performed by attorneys. The position requires an outgoing and professional individual.
- Provide high-quality, timely, and thoughtful support to attorneys in all areas of the law;
- Manage and prioritize projects in an efficient and timely manner in a dynamic environment;
- Facilitate communication between attorneys and clients;
- Manage paper and electronic filings;
- Create and manage calendar deadlines;
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, real estate transactional documents and estate documents; and
- Research County records and court records.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- A high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients and maintain information in strict confidence;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently;
- Must be detail oriented and be extremely organized; ability to manage multiple projects and to follow through without prompting;
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook; Excel; Word) and a general affinity for learning new software tools;
- Draft, review and analyze documents;
- File pleadings with various courts and the ability to prepare for trials;
- Review client files and update attorney(s) on the status of matter; and
- Relevant work experience and/or Paralegal Certificate.
Compensation ranges $40,000 – $70,000/year with performance-based bonus eligibility. Benefits include group health insurance for the employee, HSA, Cafeteria Plan, 401(k), long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Balcomb & Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.