Associate Attorney: Litigation
Position posted December 2, 2019 – available until filled.
About Our Associate Attorneys
Associate attorneys at Balcomb & Green are part of an elite legal team with diverse practice areas. Associate attorneys work individually and collaboratively to meet our clients’ needs consistent with the vision and values of the firm. Balcomb & Green associates are given the opportunity to earn a significant degree of autonomy and pursue partnership within a culture that emphasizes rewarding work and a balanced lifestyle.
Position: Litigation Associate
The successful candidate will demonstrate superb legal-writing skills, initiative, collegiality, and professionalism. Practice area will primarily focus on business and real-estate litigation. Additional work will also include business and real-estate transactions. We are seeking candidates with good personality fit, strong initiative and integrity, and commitment to maintaining a rural mountain lifestyle.
- Independent management of litigation cases;
- Legal research, drafting legal documents, research memoranda and correspondence;
- Full case ownership from initiation to completion;
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions;
- Maintain industry-leading client relationships.
- Admitted in Colorado and currently practicing;
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial or real-estate litigation (or equivalent);
- Strong proficiency in local rules as well as State and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision, to seek supervision and feedback when appropriate, and accept direction and support;
- Commitment to continuous development and improvement of legal and professional skills;
- Exceptional verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility to work atypical hours as cases require.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary ranges from $85,000 – $145,000/year including bonuses, dependent on productivity.
- Individual Health Care
- Cell Phone
- Dependent & Health Expense Accounts (Cafeteria Plan)
- Life Insurance
- Flexible personal leave policy
- Reasonable billing expectations
Applications must include cover letter, resume, 3 writing samples (one sample client letter, one sample memorandum on a litigation topic of your choice, and one sample draft agreement), and references.
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Balcomb & Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.