Legal Assistant – Buena Vista
Email email@example.com for more information.
About Our Administrative Staff
The administrative staff at Balcomb & Green support both the practice of law and the firm’s business administration. We always strive for excellence in providing the highest quality client service, professional support, and administrative and legal work to facilitate the clients’ and business’s needs. Because of the diverse needs of the clients, attorneys, and business, Balcomb & Green’s administrative work is varied and can provide a high degree of challenge. This brings significant opportunities to grow and develop a variety of business and legal skills in multiple areas of interest through the support of the team at Balcomb & Green.
Legal Assistant – Buena Vista
Legal Assistants at our satellite offices have the distinct responsibility of acting as the face of the company by upholding Balcomb & Green standards for client relationships. This includes phone reception, greeting everyone who walks into our lobbies, and serving as a central resource of information and assistance to employees across the firm. Legal Assistants are also required to perform billable tasks for clients in support of the legal work performed by the attorney. In addition to client facing responsibilities, Legal Assistants at satellite offices will have additional administrative responsibilities that will be requested and required in support of the business of Balcomb & Green.
This position requires an individual with strong common sense who is outgoing and highly professional in speech and appearance, who enjoys and has an affinity for providing excellent service, and who is coachable and continually seeks out ways to grow and improve. An ideal candidate is open to working a structured schedule, is flexible working on a variety of tasks, and thrives in a dynamic environment where no two days are quite the same.
- Answer and direct all internal and external calls that flow through reception;
- Assist in the intakes of new clients per the firm’s standards;
- Monitor all guest arrival and departures while ensuring an excellent client experience;
- Provide concierge services for clients and staff and serve as a central-information resource to the firm;
- Partner with the administrative team to ensure best practices and processes are always employed;
- Work on administrative projects that advance the goals of Balcomb & Green and its clients;
- Work on legal tasks that support the attorney’s ability to serve the clients’ needs.
- Strong customer service focus and passion;
- Common sense thinker who can apply sound judgment in new or ambiguous situations;
- Highly organized and effective multi-tasker in a fast paced environment;
- High degree of composure and social skills;
- Professional and empathetic;
- Ability to assess and recommend process improvements;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Open-minded, questioning, and reflective—someone who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook; Excel; Word) and a general affinity for learning new software tools;
- Relevant work experience and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Base salary and hourly bonus will be based on education, qualifications, and experience.
*This position is available as part-time or full-time employment.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, a resume highlighting relevant work history, and at least 2 letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2020.
Balcomb & Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.