File Clerk – Glenwood Springs
April 27th, 2021 – available until filled.
Position Summary – File Clerk
The File Clerk is responsible for the accurate management and filing of paper and digital documents for the firm. File Clerks work in coordination with attorneys, paralegals, and the administrative staff to ensure that all files are handled appropriately. File Clerks commit to supporting other office-based tasks as requested. An ideal candidate is open to working a structured schedule, is flexible working on a variety of tasks, and thrives in a dynamic environment where no two days are quite the same. This position will report directly to the Director of Business Operations and will be open to task assignment from all other team members.
- Comprehensive and definitive working knowledge of the document management process for the firm;
- Reviewing files for specific types of documents and information;
- Determining the need to destroy and/or delete documentation in coordination with attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff;
- Recording and documenting actions taken with files;
- Scanning, sorting, filing, and labeling large amounts of physical documents for digital storage;
- Coordination with outside vendors for the movement and destruction of documents;
- Light grounds keeping work;
- Light custodial work;
- Some errands and courier tasks;
- Other administrative and concierge tasks as requested.
- Ability to focus for long hours on repetitive tasks;
- Ability to read, write, and document actions and track time;
- Ability to lift 50lbs;
- Common sense thinker who can apply sound judgment in new and unique situations;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook; Excel; Word) and a general affinity for learning new software tools;
- Ability to assess and recommend process improvements;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Professional, open-minded, inquisitive, and reflective—someone who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback;
- Relevant work experience and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
Wages are hourly and range between $15 – $18/hour depending on education and experience. This position is non-benefited and non-exempt.
To apply email a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com.
Balcomb & Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.