Associate Attorney (0-3 years)
About Our Associate Attorneys
Associate attorneys at Balcomb & Green are part of an elite legal team with diverse practice areas. Associate attorneys work individually and collaboratively to meet our clients’ needs consistent with the vision and values of the firm. Balcomb & Green associates are given the opportunity to earn a significant degree of autonomy and pursue partnership within a culture that emphasizes rewarding work and a balanced lifestyle.
Position: Associate Attorney (0-3 years)
The successful candidate will demonstrate superb legal-writing skills, initiative, collegiality, and professionalism. First year associates work in all of our practice areas with oversight from senior associates, senior counsel, and partners. We are seeking candidates with good personality fit, strong initiative and integrity, and commitment to maintaining a rural mountain lifestyle.
- Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues;
- Writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer in the firm;
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents;
- Performing discovery of various electronically stored data and hard copies of information in preparation for litigation;
- Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisition.
- Law school graduate admitted to, or willing to apply for admission to, the Colorado State Bar;
- Thomson Reuters (Westlaw) and Colorado Courts E-Filing System proficiency;
- Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision, to seek supervision and feedback when appropriate, and accept direction and support;
- Commitment to continuous development and improvement of legal and professional skills;
- Exceptional verbal communication skills;
- Flexibility to work atypical hours as cases require.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary starts at $70,000 – $80,000/year plus performance bonuses.
- Individual Health Care
- Optional Dental / Vision Plans
- Cell Phone
- Dependent & Health Expense Accounts (Cafeteria Plan)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible personal leave policy
- Reasonable billing expectations (minimum 120 hours per month)
Applications must include cover letter, resume, 3 writing samples (one sample client letter, one sample memorandum, and one sample draft agreement), and references.
Please send application materials to email@example.com
Balcomb & Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.