Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Position Summary – Accounting Clerk
The accounting clerk takes ownership for all aspects of firm billing and bookkeeping. This person will report to both the firm’s Director of Business Operations and the treasurer of the shareholder group. In this role, the accounting clerk is responsible for the recording, reporting, and management of financial assets including but not limited to documenting and maintaining compliance with financial policies, and establishing and enforcing financial controls. The accounting clerk must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills, along with a comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Accounts Payable (Payment entries, check writing, vendor documentation management, invoice management.).
• Accounts Receivable (Accepting payments, recording payments, depositing funds, managing applications and software for payment management).
• Asset/Cash Management – (account monitoring, reconciliations, wires, transfers)
• Billing (client data entry, statement production and delivery, etc.,).
• Pre-Billing (report preparation, communication with primary attorneys, recording adjustments).
• Client Trust Accounting (COLTAF) – A/P, A/R, Reconciliation, Recording, Reporting.
• Practice and Billing Software Management (resident resource and expert to support all legal and administrative staff).
• Process Management including documentation of processes, validation of compliance, and process evolution through collaboration with management.
• Report production and preparation.
• Partner with the Director of Business Operations to ensure best practices and processes are always employed
• Work on administrative projects as necessary to advance the goals of Balcomb & Green and its clients
• Bachelor’s Degree (Focus in Finance, Accounting, or Economics Preferred);
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar position with similar responsibilities;
• Highly Proficient Bookkeeper (QuickBooks experience required);
• Billing Management Software Experience (TABS3, Sage Timeslips, and/or Clio, Zola or Cosmolex);
• Highly Proficient in Excel;
• Able to quickly learn, adapt to, and coach others on new technology and applications;
• Common sense thinker who can apply sound judgment in new and unique situations;
• Highly organized and effective at prioritization;
• Ability to assess and recommend process improvements;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Professional, open-minded, inquisitive, and reflective—someone who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback;
• Proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and O365) and a general affinity for learning new software tools.
Salary dependent on education and experience. Benefits include group health insurance for the employee, HSA, Cafeteria Plan, 401(k), disability insurance, 20-year 100K life insurance policy and a flexible leave policy.
To apply, email your letter of interest, resume, and at least one letter of reference to email@example.com.
Balcomb & Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer.